Applications are now open to represent WAGGGS at the 57th Commission on the Status of Women (CSW).
Dates: 28 Feb – 15 March 2013
Venue: UN Headquarters, New York, USA
GGAM members can apply to be a Youth Delegate or a Delegation Coordinator.
What do WAGGGS delegates do?
Pre-Conference: WAGGGS delegates will take part in pre-event training and tasks to build their knowledge and skills. Delegates will also connect with their national governments and begin lobbying before the event.
Conference: WAGGGS delegates will follow the negotiations, participate and speak at side events, raise awareness, take part in interviews, meet up with their national government representatives and lobby decision-makers.
Post-Conference: WAGGGS delegates will implement an action plan where they will use their learnings from the event on a project
Who should apply?
Youth Delegates and Delegation Coordinators should:
• Have Active personal involvement in projects/programs related to violence against girls and young women
• Have a commitment and passion for the empowerment of girls and young women and the elimination of violence, and an understanding of the key role that Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting can play in this
• Able stay in New York from 28 February to 15 March 2013
• Available to participate in extensive pre-conference on-line training, activities and pre-tasks (from October to March)
• Able to apply learning from this experience into Member Organizations and the community before, during and after the event
For more information and application form, please visit http://www.wagggsworld.org/en/news/21984
Completed application forms must be sent to GGAM by 24 August 2012 which will then forward it to WAGGGS.